Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Norba Nationals


I went to Mount Snow Saturday w/Selwitz. no race for me but I rode the XC & super D course (twice). They made the poor sports do 3 laps, Selwitz was out there for over 3 hours!

Then, we watched the pro XC race, man are those pro female xc'ers hot looking!!
It was pretty fun to watch this race, and I felt pretty good that the pros were walking the same sections that I walked in my preride. the mount snow course is no joke, 1000 ft of climbing per lap, the downhill ih technical and makes you wish you hit the weights harder over the winter (sore arms). One of the females, on her last lap went by saying in a soft voice "it hurts"

I also caught some of the dual slalom race.

oh, and a big thanks to the drummer - this dude and some of his friends were out there for HOURS providing the races with a cool rythmic beat, and some motivation to keep pedaling up the hill!

No comments: