Friday, June 16, 2006

Coeymans Quick Ride...w/rain

I checked the MHCC site ( www.webmhcc.org ) and picked a quick road ride (17-18mph avg) - 35 miles. But when I showed all up it was 80% local racer boys (CBRC, NAV, etc kits). Oh crap, I'm gonna be so dropped.

The pace wasn't bad at the start, chatted w/this dude named Steve (one of the few others not wearing a team kit). Said hi Terry B. (he's super fast ), then we hit a climb, then another..I was doing my best, about 8 people in front pulling away, and the other 20 behind me..I look back and there gone! holy crap! Now we descending, 2 groups of 4, then me busting my ass to catch up.....I kept at it, but the gap was growing. 2 guys caught me, we ended up forming all own little pack. Did I mention it was raining? I couldn't see worth crap. One of the guys was Steve, and the other was a stronger rider than us but he would slow down a bit so we stayed together.

After a bit the rain tapered, then on a climb we saw 2 riders up ahead, caught them, said hi, then dropped them. cool out all those racer boys only 6 ahead of us. I am told of a fast dh ahead, it was sweat...my cyclometer couldn't handle it, it read 00 mph, but the other guy said he was doing 56mph. nice. So that dude wqs giving me some pointers, we worked on doing 20/30 second pulls to finish up the ride. back at the parking lot, it was dry! Many times I was on the verge of switching to a take it easy ide, but I didn't..I was pretty happy about that & my avg speed was really good for me (especially on a hilly rainy loop)

the #'s
38.3 miles
1:59
19.3 mph

No comments: