Thursday, June 29, 2006

HF# 5 & Ovrall standings

Another race in Dalton. Not a big turn out so they did a Mass start (instead of 2 min seperating catagories). I pushed hard for the 1st lap, was keeping up with 2 other 4 lap'rs, then lost contact. Start of #4, Samantha yelled out "Go for it Doug, they're not that far ahead". I couldnt see anone, but ok..lets go. I hit the open road/field section, and yup theres 2 riders maybe 2-3 minuites ahead, I pushed hard on the dirt road and field and caught up a lot before we went back into the ST. I didnt see them again to the climb, Kellogg was running his bike, I slowly caught the other dudes wheel, and we both caught Kellog, but I didnt have enough to pass on the short flat section, and the DH was too fast/hairy to try a pass, so I finished on their wheels..made me wish we were doing 5 laps!

And Selwitz (3 laps 18-44), and myself (4 laps open) have both moved into 1st overall!! But here's the issue, this year they are dropping 4 races, which could take me from 1st to off the podium....yeah, so big surprise that I dont like the new "drop 4 rule"

No comments: