Monday, October 03, 2005

My 2nd Century & DH'ing @ Mount Snow

Heather & Wiley picked me up way early Sat. morning, Escalade w/the Plains trailer, big pimping yo! We had a group of 8 including several people on xc bikes! It was my 1st time all year on the DH bike, snow doesnt have a ton of trails and the main trail up top has some uphills...a 45 lbs bike is not fun to ride up hills..ugh. The weather was super nice. Our group started droping fast...crashes, broken bike parts........Wiley hurt his wrist pretty bad.....maybe broken??

Sunday I biked 10 miles to Jason's, and we took his car up to Clifton park> Sweet n Fall Century, maybe 30 riders, sag wagon, my plan was to not go up front..........but I did, 19 mph plus pace until we hit stop #1 @ 20 or so miles. Regroup, then a few miles up was the hill climb/desent race option. About 2 miles before it started I busted out front and went pretty hard......I wasnt doing the climb but they didnt know that...haha! suckers! I just rode right past the climb/option, from there to stop#2 (mile 57) it was me and one other dude.
I had a turkey sub, and chilled for a while as the others came in......then went to pee, came out & almost everyone was gone (payback?) I caught up quickly, then tried to go off with 2 others but was dropped.......hmm stuck in no mans land. The turkey sub wanted out, little hill after little hill...my pace kept dropping. 2 riders caught up, I hung with them for a couple miles then faded back, stayed solo to the finish. I was suprised to find out I was 5th back, not that it mattered...finishing matters!! A few of us endeded at TGIF's, food, beers & tequilla...and a little on the noisey side. Real good times.

mile 50=2:40
mile 98=5:30, 17.9 mph avg
total for the day=108

oh, almost forgot Heather told me to touch her ass, I did...its a nice ass !!

No comments: