Tuesday, October 18, 2005

damn mechanical

Oct 16, Plattekill XC#3 and my last race of the year. My hub went @11:55, my race was scheduled for 12:00 at the top of the mountain......I had to go back to the bottom to borrow a wheel. I didnt make it to the start until 12:30, around 10-15 minutes after my group started. Ack!
The wheel I borrowed was a 8 spd, mine's 9 so I had plenty of shifting problems.
I should mention the weather, it was sprinkling, wind was gusting up to 50 mph......and it was maybe 40 degrees.
So Off I went, I didnt have granny or 2, ok adjust to that. It was tough to be motivated w/starting so far behind. I did start catching riders, beginners...but it helped the motivation. ....and I passed Jason just before the end of lap # 1. And Laszlo gave me some encouraging words as I passed thru the start/finish. Next two laps were about staying motivated, and dealing with the weather. At lap 2.5 I passed a dude in my group, and I think I lapped a couple beginners.
I ended up in 5th out of 7, with the winner beating me by 13 or so minutes.....damn mechanical!
Jason got podium (3rd out of 3)

I helped Ken move to an apartment last night, now my shoulder hurts again.

No comments: