Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Lazy rainy w/e & the turkey trot

The w/e was pretty rainy, so I eneded up doing zero biking or exercising. i did clean most of the house, and painted a small wall......it looks so much better cleaned up. Steak dinner out saturday, yum. A few beers out w/Bud Sunday. ...we bumped into Frankie and a cute friend of hers at Bombers.

It's been a week since I touched my bike, I am calling it an extended rest & recovery period. I did go for a jog yetserday. The Troy Turkey trot 5K is 45 days away. Last year I trained by jogging 5K's. This year I added another 1k or so to my route and that includes a short but steep hill. My plan is to take it easy as my body gets use to jogging. Yesterday was my 2nd jog since spring, I walked up & down that hill. The turkey trot is a bad race to go for a pb (personal best) being so many people do the race , picture a traffic jam at the start........but a pb is the current plan, maybe a 24:00? that would hurt, a lot !

No comments: